In winter everything changes
In the cold of winter, even the bones in our body ache from the freezing weather!
Going outside during the rainy season requires preparation and adequate clothing to face the cold.
Thus, also in the painting of real estate during the winter, it requires care with the temperature and climatic effects!
The weather can greatly affect the quality of a painting. Experienced painters know when is the best and worst time to paint a surface based on weather conditions. However, they also have the knowledge and tools to paint even in harsh weather conditions.
Painting around trees requires consideration of the season. Spring provides painters with the clearest view of their work. However, the additional vegetation makes it difficult to work during the summer. Instead, painting crews should consider working in the fall when the leaves are not present.
When painting an interior, there are several factors that can determine the ideal time to paint. Some oil-based paints are specialized for cold weather because they use solvents; they cause significant problems due to their composition having heavy metals, so it is important to avoid painting during the winter or summer, when the windows cannot be opened.
Changes in temperature and humidity affect paint application
The effect of relative humidity decreases paint performance
The influence of wind on painting
Weather conditions and hardships
Exterior painting is best done when the surrounding environment meets these criteria.
- From 10% to 85% air humidity
- Recommended range from 20% to 70%.
- Wind speeds less than 8 miles per hour are required for exterior painting.
- Temperatures between 10° and 40° degrees Celsius exempt some types of paint from this rule.
- No risk of rain during paint application and for 24 hours after application has dried
When is the best time to paint commercial properties?
In winter, how to paint the buildings
Winter benefits to be gained from hiring painting contractors
- More manpower availability is available.
- In the fall and winter, painters need jobs to keep them busy because there aren't enough summer jobs available. This leads to a busy season, followed by a spring and summer labor shortage.
- Just apply the right paint to get the desired effect.
- During winters, choosing a contractor with the right paint can save a property from paint fumes. In this case, we use Sherwin-Williams paint without a high VOC content. This means that a property will not smell like paint when closed for the winter.
- Less stress for employees and customers.
- Some companies close during the holidays and require less inconvenience from painters when business slows down during the winter season. Larger businesses that need more employees and customers face more obstructions when foot traffic is low. This means painters can complete their jobs faster and stay more organized by painting during the holidays when the property is clean.
- Having smaller project ideas readily available helps a lot of people.